If you’re looking to learn more about your audience, conducting a survey is the most logical option. With the help of a WordPress survey plugin, you can easily add a survey right to your website.
In this post, we’ll take a look at:
- The top WordPress survey plugins;
- Predominant features of survey plugins;
- The benefits of using a survey plugin;
- And more.
Table of contents
- Top 3 Benefits Of Using Survey Plugins
- What To Look For In A Survey Plugin
- Top 7 Survey Plugins For WordPress
- Best Features of Survey Plugins
- Final Thoughts: Which Survey Plugin is Right For You?
Top 3 Benefits Of Using Survey Plugins
As mentioned earlier, using a WordPress survey plugin can help you learn more about your audience. But how exactly does it help you do that? Here are the top there benefits of using a WordPress survey plugin.
- Create content your audience is interested in — a survey helps you understand what your audience is interested in as well as what type of content they’re more likely to consume. You can use their answers to create posts, articles, and other types of content that speaks to their interests and deliver it in a format they prefer.
- Develop products, services, and offers that solve your audience’s problems — similarly, by knowing what their pain points are, you can improve your existing offers or develop products and services that solve their problems.
- Increase user engagement on your website — lastly, by adding a survey to your site, your visitors will spend more time on your site and engage with the content, which in turn improves your SEO.
WordPress Survey Plugins vs Third-Party Survey Platforms
Now, you might be wondering why use a WordPress survey plugin when there are hundreds of survey platforms out there. The most important reason is that a WordPress survey plugin keeps visitors on your site instead of sending them away.
Another reason for using WordPress survey plugins is that you have complete control over how the survey looks which ensures your visitors will have a fully branded experience. Survey platforms are often more limited in terms of customization.
In addition to that, with a survey plugin, you’re in full control over the survey data. Some survey platforms make it hard to export the data which creates vendor lock-in. If that platform suddenly shuts down, all your survey data would be lost forever.
What To Look For In A Survey Plugin
As with any other WordPress plugin, a good survey plugin should have good ratings and a decent number of active installs. It should also be updated regularly. However, those are not the only features to look for.
If you want to get as many visitors as possible to fill out your survey, you need to make it engaging, fun, and easy. That’s why a great survey plugin should have the following features:
- The survey should make your form look visually appealing;
- The survey itself should be easy to use;
- Your survey plugin should have reporting features in place so you can review the submitted data;
- Your WordPress survey plugin should allow you to export the submitted data for use with a CRM software or a spreadsheet;
- The option to display survey results directly on your website.
With that in mind, let’s go over the best WordPress survey plugins and see what they have to offer.
Top 7 Survey Plugins For WordPress
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of using a WordPress survey plugin, let’s go over our top choices. The plugins on this list range from free to paid but no matter which plugin you choose, you’ll be able to create a survey fairly quickly.
|Quiz and Survey Master||Free – $129 / year for add-ons||5 stars||Read More|
|Modal Survey||Free – $375||5 stars||Read More|
|Formidable Form Builder||Free – $599 / year||4,5 stars||Read More|
|YOP Polls||Free – $57||4,5 stars||Read More|
|Poll, Survey, Form & Quiz Maker by OpinionStage||Free – $199 / month||4,5 stars||Read More|
|WP Poll||Free – $99||4 stars||Read More|
|Crowdsignal||Free – $45 / month||3 stars||Read More|
The first plugin on the list, Quiz and Survey Master makes it easy to create reader surveys as well as employee surveys and more.
- The plugin supports several question types including multiple choice, true and false, open answer question, checkboxes, fill in the blank, and slider.
- You can email the results to both yourself and the users after they complete the survey
- Schedule when the quiz or survey should be active
- You can limit amount of total entries or tries the user has to take your quiz or survey
- You can enable hints for questions
- Keep track how long a user takes on the quiz or survey
- Able to set up time limits on the quiz or survey
- The plugin integrates nicely with third-party tools like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Zapier, and others
- Can be used to create quizzes as well as surveys
- Reporting is available as a paid addon
- The interface looks dated compared to some other plugins on this list
- The free version displays ads on your WP dashboard.
This plugin is best for…
If you’re just getting started and want a plugin that’s easy to use, the Quiz and Survey Master is a good choice.
The core plugin is free and has a couple of free addons. You can also purchase individual addons as you need them. Prices for addons range from $10 to $35 for a single site.
In addition to that, you can purchase one of the two addon bundles:
|Starter||$79/year||You can use the plugin on 1 site and get access to conditional logic, landing page reporting & analysis, the ability to export results, summary emails, Google Analytics integration, and URL parameters|
|Premium||$129/year||Everything included in the Starter bundle as well as all integrations, advanced leaderboard, export and import, quiz popups, and all future addons|
The Formidable Form Builder plugin is a multipurpose form plugin for WordPress that can be used to create not just contact forms but also surveys and quizzes.
- Create different types of forms and questions
- You can display submitted data with Form Views feature
- Data can be exported easily and the plugin also integrates with other tools like MailChimp and Zapier
- You can populate form fields from other forms and link data between two forms
- You can create personalized user notifications and send follow up emails
- Powerful customization dashboard where you can customize fonts, colors, and more
- Drag and drop interface
- Pre-built templates to get you started
- The sheer number of features might make this plugin a little overwhelming for less experienced users
This plugin is for…
WordPress users who are looking for a multipurpose plugin as well as business owners, freelancers, and agencies who need several different types of forms to manage their user, visitor, and lead information.
The core plugin is free to download from the official repository. Advanced features such as payment and email marketing integration require a pro upgrade. The premium version of the plugin offers 3 pricing plans:
|Basic||$149/year||You can create unlimited forms and collect an unlimited number of entries. Gives you access to calculators, surveys & polls, file uploads, multi-page forms, basic email marketing integrations, and the ability to review the form before submission.|
|Business||$299/year||Everything included in the Basic plan as well as priority support PayPal and Zapier integration, Formidable API, quiz maker, advanced email marketing integrations, CSV export, Polylang and WMPL integrations and use on 15 sites|
|Elite||$599/year||Everything included in Basic and Business plan as well as elite support Additional payment integrations, WooCommerce integration, Salesforce and Hubspot integration, multisite support, and use on unlimited sites|
The Crowdsignal plugin was developed by Automattic, the company behind WordPress itself. The plugin is a simple and straightforward solution for creating basic surveys.
- Create unlimited polls and see results in real time
- The plugin comes with 20 premade poll styles
- You easily display results on your website or keep them private
- This plugin is one of the most customizable ones on this list
- Drag and drop interface
- You can create reports for all your survey campaigns
- The free version includes Crowdsignal branding
- You’ll need to create a Crowdsignal account to get the API needed for the plugin to work correctly
This plugin is for…
If you have multiple sites and want to embed the same poll, this plugin is the best choice for you.
The Crowdsignal plugins offers 4 different pricing plans:
|Free||$0||Unlimited questions, surveys, polls and ratings, collect up to 2,500 signals, Crowdsignal branding, limited data export, embed your polls on other sites|
|Premium||$15/mo billed annually||Everything in free plan and the ability to collect unlimited signals, export your responses, connect to Google Sheets, 24/7 Email Support, user restrictions, video and audio file uploads, create surveys with branching/logic trees, realtime access to responses, instant response notifications|
|Business||$45/mo billed annually||Everything in free and Premium plan along with no Crowdsignal branding, the ability to create your own themes, use your own domain name, redirect traffic after submit, advanced API access, offline surveys|
|Team||$29/user/mo billed annually||Everything from the Business plan along with collaboration features, shared themes, survey templates, and assets library|
4. WP Poll
WP Poll is another highly customizable poll and survey plugin for WordPress.
- Single and Multi votes
- Ability to create Unlimited Poll options
- 10+ Themes variations
- Ability to create new option from users on frontend
- Easy to understand poll reporting on the backend
- Export reports as CSV
- Display results with a shortcode
- Plenty of customization options
- The ability to add options on the front-end is very helpful
- The plugin doesn’t offer any integration features as of yet
This plugin is for…
Anyone looking for an easy to use plugin with plenty of customization features. It’s also suitable for WordPress users who don’t need a ton of complex features.
The core plugin is free. If you want the ability to create unlimited surveys, you’ll have to upgrade to the pro version of the plugin.
|Regular||$23||Unlimited polls, single and multi voting options, WooCommerce integration, social share buttons, 6 months of support, extended 12 month support for $6.75|
|Extended||$99||Everything in the Regular license + commercial usage, extended 12 month support for $27.75|
5. Modal Survey
The Modal Survey is a premium plugin that’s available on CodeCanyon.
- Create surveys that accept multiple right answers
- Activate rules and redirect users based on previous answers
- You can export the data in PDF, XLS, and CSV formats
- Integration with MailChimp and aWeber
- Display results in several different ways: polar charts, line charts, and more
- You can show different and unique messages depending on the user’s score.
- Plenty of customization options to style your survey
- You can export, import, and backup the submitted data
- Use various filters to sort through the submitted data
- Drag and drop visual builder
- If you want more than 6 months of support, you have to pay extra.
This plugin is for…
Any WordPress website owner looking for a simple and good-looking survey plugin with a one-time fee.
|Regular||$35||All the features described above. Plugin can be used on one site. Extended 12 month support is available for $11.25|
|Extended||$375||Everything in the Regular license + commercial usage. Extended 12 month support is available for $131.25|
6. YOP Polls
YOP Polls has a single purpose: to make it as easy as possible to create a simple survey and add it to your WordPress website.
- Create polls that accept multiple answers or single answers
- Several premade themes and styles to choose from
- Schedule your poll to go live on a certain date
- Great flexibility when it comes to how to display the poll results
- The ability to restrict polls to registered users or all website visitors
- The simplest plugin on this list that still offers a decent set of features
- Plenty of styles and options to customize how your poll and the results look like
- The free version allows you to create polls with only one question
This plugin is for…
WordPress users who only want to create simple or occasional polls. If you need multiple questions on your polls or advanced email and payment integrations, this plugin is not for you.
The plugin has a free version and a premium version which adds more premade themes and the ability to include multiple questions on your polls.
|Personal||$17||You can use the plugin on one site and add multiple questions. You can also add image and video questions, countdown timers, slider questions. The pro version also comes with Google and Facebook integration.|
|Plus||$27||Everything in the Personal plan plus the ability to use the plugin on 3 sites.|
|Expert||$57||Everything in the Plus plan plus the ability to use the plugin on 7 sites.|
Here’s another multipurpose and versatile plugin that can be used to create surveys and polls as well as regular contact forms.
- Create polls from scratch or from a premade template
- Add images and videos to your polls and quizzes
- Highly customizable
- You can white-label the widgets and add your own logo
- Display poll & survey results in real-time
- Advanced analytics dashboard for quizzes and surveys
- Export all the details to a csv/xls file.
- Integrates with social networks
- Email notifications on quiz & survey submissions
- This plugin allows you to show surveys and quizzes as a popup when someone enters your website
- Integrates with email marketing and CRM software
- The free version of the plugin is limited in features but it does offer a good place to start
This plugin is for…
Bloggers and small business owners who want to boost engagement and generate more leads from their website.
The core plugin is free with basic features in place. You can create unlimited polls, see answers and responses reports, and use image and standard layouts. It’s limited to 250 views per month. Premium version offers three plans to choose from:
|Starter||$19/mo billed annually||The Starter plan adds the ability to collect leads, export results, customize response titles, add a timer, gather social followers, and block multiple entries. It also includes basic integrations and customizations. Limited to 10000 views per month.|
|Small Business||$65/mo billed annually||Everything in the Starter plan plus integration with email and CRM platforms, the ability to remove their logo and upload yours, more advanced features such as skip logic, call to action buttons, and more. Limited to 100000 views per month.|
|Performance||$199/mo billed annually||Everything in the Small Business plan plus all features, all integrations, and all customization options such as custom CSS. Limited to 1000000 views per month.|
Best Features of Survey Plugins
- The ability to schedule polls is useful if you need to get time-sensitive feedback
- Adding images and videos to your surveys can boost your user engagement even more
- Easy to understand reports that can be set to private or public will give more transparency to your polls
- Customization options and premade themes allow you to style your survey to match the rest of your site
- CSV export is useful for integrating with other tools and platforms
- Survey templates will speed up the survey creation time
Final Thoughts: Which Survey Plugin is Right For You?
And that wraps up our WordPress survey plugin list. We’ve discussed the best WordPress survey plugins and now you’re probably wondering which one of these plugins is best for you. The answer depends on the type of survey you want to create and the features you need.
🥇 If you’re looking for a multipurpose plugin that will also integrate with your email marketing provider, the Formidable Form Builder is definitely worth a look.
🥈 If you want premade templates, Quiz And Survey Master will get you started on the right foot.
As you can see, there’s no shortage of great WordPress survey plugins to choose from. The only thing left to do now is to choose one and create your survey. Good luck!