Wondering what are the best WordPress plugins for your business site? There are well over 50,000 plugins available for WordPress users. That is no surprise, considering that WordPress is the most widely-used content management system in the world.
More than 75 million websites use WordPress. From beginner bloggers and small businesses to major brands such as CNN, TIME, TED, BBC America, Wired, People and many more, all use WordPress to power their sites.
So, if you have a WordPress site to promote your business, we are here to help you take it to the next level.
From the best free WordPress plugins in 2021 to the best premium ones, we’ll give you an extensive WordPress plugins list to help you build and grow your WordPress business site.
We are going to recommend you the best 50+ WordPress plugins for your business site. They will help you increase your website’s functionality, traffic, speed, security and sales.
Table of contents
- What kind of WordPress plugins do you need for your business site?
- Top 5 best WordPress page builder plugins for your business site
- 5 Best WordPress SEO plugins for business sites
- What are the best WordPress security plugins for your business site?
- Top 5 Best WordPress backup plugins for your business site
- Best ecommerce WordPress plugins to consider for your business site
- Best WordPress contact form plugins for your business site
- Top 5 best caching plugins for WordPress
- Best Google Analytics WordPress plugins for your business site
- What are the best FAQ plugins in 2021?
- Top 5 best WordPress live chat plugins for your business site
- Key takeaways
What kind of WordPress plugins do you need for your business site?
There are several factors to consider when building your business site. Here are the most important aspects:
- design: your website’s design is the first thing your visitors will notice. We’re going to give you a list with the best WordPress page builder plugins. They are all drag-and-drop builders, so you don’t have to know any code to use them
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the most crucial aspects to have in mind when making a website. SEO tools help you increase your traffic. We’re going to recommend you the best WordPress SEO plugins to boost your business site
- security: this one should be the number one priority for any site owner, let alone a business one. WordPress security plugins help you keep your data safe from malware and other internet threats
- site backup: relying exclusively on your web hosting provider for your website backups is not the smartest or most affordable idea. Luckily though, there are a lot of reliable backup plugins you can use. This way, you’ll make sure you never lose any important data
- ecommerce functionality: if you want to use your site to sell products or services, an ecommerce WordPress plugin is the best solution
- Contact form: Using contact forms is very beneficial for your site. It helps you stay in touch with your customers, reduce spam and more. We’re going to give you the best contact form plugins for your WordPress site
- Caching: your site’s performance and speed can be significantly improved with the help of a caching plugin
- Google Analytics: analytics are very important if you want to grow your site. They offer insightful reports on all your traffic, visitors’ profile and so on. We’ll recommend the best Google Analytics plugins for your WordPress site
- FAQ: a “Frequently Asked Questions” section can be very helpful for your potential customers, regardless of what you are selling. The easiest way to create a FAQ section on your site is with a WordPress FAQ plugin
- Live chat support: it is a great feature to offer, because it offers instant responses to your customers’ queries. Live chat plugins can help you easily implement this functionality to your WordPress site
Top 5 best WordPress page builder plugins for your business site
One of the reasons why WordPress is so great is the fact that you can use plugins for pretty much anything you want to accomplish on your site. That, of course, includes building your site.
So, without further-ado, here are some of the best drag-and-drop WordPress page builder plugins to consider for your business site:
This is one of the most popular page builders for WordPress. It has 5+ million active installations so far.
Elementor includes both a free version as well as a paid one. Plans start at $49 per year and go as high as $199 per year.
Elementor core features:
- the free version includes 40+ basic widgets and 30+ basic templates (but you get over 50 pro widgets and more than 300 pro templates with the paid plans)
- it is very fast
- live editing function
- built-in maintenance mode
- HTML editing
It is one of the most popular page builder plugins for creating landing pages. However, it has many other useful features for building your WordPress site.
SeedProd has 1+ million active installations so far. The plugin comes with a free version and a Pro paid one as well. Plans start at $39.50 per year and the most expensive plan is priced at $239.60 per year.
SeedProd core features:
- you can create a wide variety of pages, such as opt-in, lead, coming soon, maintenance mode, squeeze, webinar, thank you, 404 pages and many more
- 100+ Pro templates and 20+ PRO page blocks with the paid plans
- recaptcha spam-protection
- extremely user-friendly
- email marketing integrations
- custom CSS and HTML functionality
Beaver Builder is another great page builder to consider for your WordPress site. It has 300,000+ active installations so far.
One of the main strengths of this plugin is its user-friendliness. This is one of the best option to consider if you are a beginner.
Beaver Builder has a free, lite version and you can also purchase a license to upgrade to the premium version. Plans start at $99 per year for their standard package and the most premium plan is priced at $399 per year.
Beaver Builder core features:
- great page builder for beginners; it has a very user-friendly drag-and-drop editor
- unlimited sites support with all their plans
- 30+ templates
- free version includes the following content modules: photo, text editor, audio, video, sidebar, HTML
- Premium modules: contact form, tabs, slider, pricing table, map, blog posts, subscribe form, social icons
- live, front-end editing
Visual Composer is a powerful page builder plugin designed for both beginners and more advanced developers. It has 80,000+ active installations so far and has both free and premium versions.
Their plans start at $49 per year and go as high as $349 per year for the most advanced package.
Visual Composer core features:
- feature-rich and a great choice for professionals
- 500+ content elements (30 elements included with the free version)
- 100+ templates with all paid plans (10 with the free one)
- header, footer, sidebar, archive page editor
- API with all their plans
- advanced design options such as: add custom background effects, control paddings, margins, borders, radius of any element, etc.
- built-in pop-up builder
- plenty of integrations: WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, MailChimp for WordPress, WP Forms, wpDataTables and more
Divi is both a popular WordPress theme and a good page builder. It is created by Elegant Themes and it is used by 700,000+ business owners.
This is a premium plugin, so you need to purchase a membership in order to be able to download and install the plugin on your site.
There are two options available with the Divi page builder. You can either purchase an annual license, for $89 per year or buy lifetime access, for a $249 one-time fee.
Divi core features:
- their memberships give you access to all the Elegant Themes products, including the Divi theme and page builder, Bloom opt-in plugin and the Monarch social media share plugin
- access to hundreds of layout packs
- unlimited websites usage
- visual, real-time editing
- custom CSS control
- undo, redo and revisions functionality
- extremely customizable (fonts, spacing, colors, spacing, etc.)
5 Best WordPress SEO plugins for business sites
Any site owner should be familiar with SEO practices. Search engine optimization is crucial if you want to boost your site’s traffic. Luckily though, there are plenty of reliable SEO plugins you can use for your WordPress website.
Here are top 5 best WordPress SEO plugins:
Yoast SEO is the most popular plugin for SEO. It has 5+ million active installations so far and comes with both a free and a Premium version.
If you upgrade to Yoast Premium version, you have to pay $89 per year for 1 site. A license for 10 sites will cost you $756.50 per year.
Yoast SEO core features:
- very rich in features
- block editor and classic editor compatibility
- readability and SEO check (with suggestions to improve them)
- available in 15 languages (with more to come)
- Google, Facebook and Twitter previews
- set meta-descriptions, titles, headings, focus keyphrase and more
- internal linking suggestions
- keyword optimization
- content insights
- redirect manager (redirect old URLs to new ones, so you don’t lose visitors)
- Elementor integration
ALl in One SEO is another great SEO plugin. It has 2+ million active installations and comes with a free version and a premium, paid one.
The most basic plan is $49.50 per year and their most expensive one is $299.50 per year.
All in One SEO core features:
- on-page SEO optimization: you can add title tags, meta descriptions, keywords, etc., to optimize your page
- smart XML sitemaps
- social media integration (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and more)
- redirect URLs
- SEO support for WooCommerce
- SEO audit checklist, to analyze and optimize your site
- user-friendly interface
This plugin has become very popular due to the fact that it used to be completely free. However, it recently added paid versions as well. Rank Math has 600,000+ active installations so far.
There are two plans to choose from: a $59 per year plan and a $199 per year plan.
Rank Math core features:
- you can optimize your posts for unlimited focus keywords per post
- thorough SEO analysis based on 30 known factors
- multiple keyword variations of your focus keyword, with the LSI keyword tool
- advanced SEO audit of your site
- module-based system with 15+ built-in modules that can be enabled and configured according to your needs
- rank tracker to see how your website does against the competition
- 404 monitor to fix 404 errors
- schema markup
SEOPress is a relatively new plugin, but it managed to grow in popularity impressively fast. It currently has over 100,000 active installations.
If the free version of the plugin is too limited for you, there is also a PRO version available. It is priced at $39 per year.
SEOPress core features:
- unlimited sites with both versions
- no ads and anonymous data collection (not even with the free version)
- content analysis with unlimited keywords
- titles and meta descriptions
- custom XML and HTML sitemaps
- open graph, Twitter cards, to improve social media sharing
- Import and export SEO metadata from/to a CSV file
- Google Analytics stats in dashboard and Google Analytics enhanced ecommerce
- WooCommerce integration
Squirrly SEO is one of the best SEO plugins for beginners. It is a very user-friendly tool with 70,000+ active installations so far.
The Pro version of the plugin comes with several plans to choose from. The most affordable one is $20.99 per month, while the most expensive one is $75.99 per month.
Squirrly SEO core features:
- deep keyword research and keywords that you can rank for
- SEO audits
- SEO live assistant
- Google SERP checker to track your ranking
- XML sitemap generator
- snippet editing tool
- blogging assistant and audit
What are the best WordPress security plugins for your business site?
Security is one of the most crucial factors to pay attention to, especially when you have a business WordPress site. To make it clearer, you are constantly dealing with sensitive data, you have daily transactions and so on.
Your customers have to trust your platform, otherwise you risk losing them, which can only hurt your business.
Here are the best WordPress security plugins to consider for your site:
Sucuri is by far one of the most popular security plugins for WordPress. Its free version includes all the basic security features you need.
Plans for the premium version start at $199.99 per year and go as high as $499.99 per year.
This plugin has 700,000+ active installations so far. It is a comprehensive suite that handles all the important security aspects of your website.
Sucuri core features:
- blacklist monitoring
- remote malware scanning
- file integrity monitoring
- SSL certificate support with the paid plans
- Firewall (also with the premium tool)
Wordfence has 4+ million active installations and it offers both a free and a premium version.
Plans start at $99 per year for one site.
Wordfence core features:
- rich in security tools, even with the free version
- web application firewall
- integrated malware scanner
- real-time IP blocklist that blocks all requests from the most malicious IPs (only with the premium version)
- login security features: two-factor authentication, login page CAPTCHA and more
- comment spam filter
Jetpack is an all-in-one security, marketing and performance tool. The plugin has 5+ million active installations so far.
There is a free, slightly more limited version and a premium one as well. Jetpack Security is priced at $19.95 per month, but you can opt for the entire suite, for $79.95 per month.
Jetpack core features:
- automated, daily malware scans
- spam protection
- real-time site backups
- spam comments blocking
- login security features such as two-factor authentication
- custom site search
This plugin is completely free, which explains the large number of active installations, 900,000+ so far.
There are no premium plans available with this security plugin.
All in One WP Security and Firewall core features:
- blacklist feature (you can block users by specific IP addresses)
- login lockdown, to protect you against brute force login attacks
- password strength tool
- database security
- automatic backups
- PHP code protection by disabling file editing from the WordPress administration area
- firewall protection
- forbid proxy comment posting
The 2FA plugin was created by miniOrange and has 20,000+ active installations so far.
There is a free version of the plugin available or you can sign up for one of their paid plans. The most basic one starts at $30 per year.
2FA core features:
- adds an extra layer of protection to your login process, through methods such as: Google Authenticator, SMS verification, Microsoft Authenticator, security questions and more
- easy to use interface
- plenty of plugin integrations: WooCommerce, BuddyPress form, Memberpress Pro, Dokan and many more
- you can enable 2FA for specific user roles
Top 5 Best WordPress backup plugins for your business site
Site backups are useful and vital for so many reasons. For instance, if you have to reset, migrate or update your site, in case you get hacked, if you have database problems and so on.
All these can lead to data loss or your site can get corrupted and malfunction. A recent backup copy of your site can help you restore everything back to normal, with minimum effort.
Here are some of the best backup plugins to consider for your WordPress business site:
UpdraftPlus is one of the most popular backup plugins for WordPress. It has 3+ million active installations so far and it comes in a free and premium version.
The premium version starts at $42 per year.
UpdraftPlus core features:
- database, file and full backups included
- scheduled backups (hourly for database backup and every 2 hours for files)
- remote storage in various locations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects and more)
- restoring feature
- Multisite compatible
- database encryption
Backup Guard is another great choice if you are looking for a reliable backup plugin for your WordPress site. It has 70,000+ active installations and it offers both a free version as well as a paid one.
Plans start at $25 per year and go as high as $99 per year for their most premium plan.
Backup Guard core features:
- hourly scheduled backups
- backups your entire site, only the database or files
- restore and migration features
- Multisite support
- remote storage available
- exclusion rules
Total Upkeep is a plugin created by BoldGrid and has 60,000+ active installation so far. It offers a free and a premium version.
The premium version is priced at $2.50 per month.
Total Upkeep core features:
- scheduled backups (daily, at your chosen time)
- complete backups, file and database backups
- remote backups through FTP / SFTP, Amazon S3 and Google Drive
- Site Check, which monitors your site for issues that could lead to crashes
- easy site restoration and migration
BackWPup is a backup plugin with 700,000+ active installations so far. It has free and paid versions.
Plans for the premium plugin start at $69 per year and go as high as $349 per year.
BackWPup core features:
- full backups or database/files only backups
- backup archives encryption and restoration from encrypted backups
- backup to Microsoft Azure, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon Glacier (with the premium version only)
- WordPress XML export
- database check and repair
WPvivid is a backup and migration plugin that offers both a free version as well as a premium one. The plugin has 90,000+ active installations so far.
If you want to upgrade to the paid version, plans start at $49 per year.
WPvivid core features:
- very rich in features
- full backups or files/database backups only
- you can create staging sites and push staging to live site
- site migration even with the free version
- incremental backups
- database encryption
- remote storage with the premium version
- multisite support
Best ecommerce WordPress plugins to consider for your business site
If you want to take the ecommerce route with your WordPress site, the easiest way to implement this functionality is by using ecommerce plugins.
There is a wide variety of WordPress ecommerce plugins to choose from and we are going to recommend 5 of the best ones:
WooCommerce is by far one of the most popular ecommerce plugins for WordPress. It has 5+ million active installation so far and it is one of the most feature-rich options available.
It is more than just a plugin, it is one of the biggest ecommerce platforms in the world.
The WooCommerce plugin is free to install and use, but you can buy addons to extend its functionality.
WooCommerce core features:
- you can sell anything you want, including digital products
- modular blocks interface with 16 blocks, such as: products by category, best-selling products, reviews by product, on sale products and more
- a huge variety of extensions available
- supports thousands of themes and third-party plugins
- 100+ payment gateways, including Stripe, PayPal, Square and many others
- a wide variety of shipping options and configurations
- inventory management
- affiliate/external products
Easy Digital Downloads is another great option if you are looking for an ecommerce plugin for your WordPress site.
It has 60,000+ active installations so far. This plugin only lets you sell digital products, so be sure to have that in mind when downloading it. Moreover, if you want to sell external products, you need a third-party plugin.
You can use Easy Digital Downloads for free or you can buy a pass. Prices start at $99 per year.
Easy Digital Downloads core features:
- you can easily sell any type of digital products, such as software, documents, photos, e-books, songs, graphics, videos, or any other media file
- it is very beginner-friendly
- supports any WordPress theme
- PayPal and Amazon Payments are supported with the free version
- comes with a clean and flexible checkout form
- a large extension catalogue to customize your digital store
Ecwid is a great ecommerce plugin that works on more than just WordPress sites. It works great on other platforms as well. You can use it to sell anywhere and Ecwid states that it is the number 1 ecommerce app on Facebook.
The plugin has 30,000+ active installations so far and you can download and use it for free.
One downside of its free version is that it limits you to only 10 products to host on your site. If you opt for a paid plan, that number increases. Moreover, you can even have an unlimited number of products with their most expensive plan.
The most affordable plan is $15 per month and the most expensive one, $99 per month.
Ecwid core features:
- support for 45 languages
- more than 40 payment options available
- 10, 100, 2,500 or unlimited products, depending on the plan you choose
- automatic shipping and taxes
- you can sell anywhere you want, including on social media (facebook, Instagram, etc.,)
- you can sell both physical and digital products (the latter just with the premium version)
- regular backups
BigCommerce is another renowned ecommerce solution that also offers a WordPress plugin. It only has 1,000+ active installations so far, which doesn’t necessarily reflect its usefulness.
BIgCommerce is a “headless ecommerce” solution. You have WordPress on the front-end for managing your content and the ecommerce aspect of the site is run by BigCommerce in the back-end.
This frees up your server resources from consuming operations such as catalog management, processing payments and so on.
Plans start at $29.95 per month.
BigCommerce core features:
- headless ecommerce
- ensures a better speed and performance of your site
- 65+ payment gateway integrations
- highly scalable product catalog
- you can sell across multiple marketplaces at once, such as eBay, Facebook, Instagram, Google Shopping, Amazon, Square and more
WP EasyCart earned its place, too, on our best WordPress plugins for business list. The reason why is that this plugin is great for small business owners. It has a free version and it is very user-friendly.
The plugin has 6,000+ active installations so far, but the number continues to grow.
There are premium plans available as well, with the most a ffordable one starting at $69 per year.
WP EasyCart core features:
- you can sell anything from retail products to digital ones, gift cards, donations, services and more
- beginner-friendly interface
- unlimited products and orders
- more than 30 payment gateways (with the premium version)
- access to 10+ extensions such as Mailchimp, Facebook and Instagram feed, Quickbooks for desktop and more
- top-notch customer support
If you have a business site, you are most likely collecting data on your users. Whether it is through using Google Analytics, contact forms, when you use advertising tools such as Google AdSense, etc.
With 100,000+ active installations so far, WP AutoTerms is one of the best plugins you can use, to meet a variety of legal requirements with your business site.
The plugin has a free as well as a premium version. Premium licenses start at $19 per website.
WP AutoTerms core features:
- CCPA & GDPR compliant
- cookie notice feature
WPLegalPages is a plugin with 10,000+ active installations so far. This plugin can be downloaded for free but it also has a premium, more feature-rich version, if you want to upgrade.
The Pro version starts at $39 per year.
WPLegalPages core features:
- multi-language support: English, Spanish, German, French Italian, Portuguese
- easy to use interface
The GDPR Framework plugin by Data443 is a great plugin to use if you want to have a transparent site and to convey trust to your visitors.
The plugin currently has 30,000+ active installations and it is free to use.
GDPR Framework core features:
- it allows both users and visitors without an account to automatically view, export, and delete their personal data
- it gives users an optional time frame to give their consent
- it is developer-friendly; you can extend and override its features and templates
- comes with several useful integrations: Mailchimp, WooCommerce and more
Complianz is another popular plugin that lets you meet the legal requirements with your WordPress business site. It has 100,000 active installations so far and has both a free and a premium version.
Premium licenses start at $49 per year.
Complianz core features:
- supports GDPR, DSGVO, CCPA and PIPEDA
- it lets you configure worldwide cookie notices or for your specific region: European Union, United Kingdom, United States or Canada
- cookie scan feature for your site
- blocks third-party cookies such as Google Maps, Facebook, Instagram, AdSense, Recaptcha, Twitter, ActiveCampaign
- it can automatically anonymize IP-addresses for Google Analytics
The GDPR Cookie Consent plugin was created by WebToffee and it is a very popular tool. It has 900,000 active installations so far and it can make your WordPress business site both GDPR and CCPA compliant.
If you want a premium license, plans start at $49 per year.
GDPR Cookie Consent core features:
- add cookie notices with Accept or Reject options
- compliant with GDPR, CCPA and LGPD
- cookie notices are customizable in terms of style: colors, fonts, styles, the position on the page
- it has a Cookie Audit module that lets you easily see what cookies your site uses and display them in a table on your Privacy & Cookies Policy page
- qTranslate support
Best WordPress contact form plugins for your business site
Contact forms are important for your business site. They help you keep in touch with your customers about your products and services and your clients can contact you easier through them.
You can also reduce spam by not displaying you contact email on your site.
Contact forms plugins are the most convenient tools to add a contact form on your WordPress business site. Here are 5 of the best plugins to consider:
Kali Forms is one of the best contact form plugins to consider for your WordPress site. It is extremely user-friendly and responsive. The plugin has 30,000+ active installations so far.
There is a free, Lite version available or you can get the full package with their premium version. Plans start at $29 per year.
Kali Forms core features:
- extremely user-friendly interface
- they offer unlimited forms with all their plans
- it comes with 16 predesigned templates (contact form, employee information, appointment form, job application, booking form and many more)
- digital signature available
- multi-page forms
- SMS and e-mail notifications
- integrates with PayPal, Stripe, Akismet, HubSpot and more)
WPForms is another popular contact form plugin. It has 4+ million active installations so far and comes with both a free and a paid PRO version.
Pricing plans start at $39.50 per year and go as high as $299 per year, for their Elite plan.
WPForms core features:
- there are 150+ form templates to choose from: event planner form, user registration, conference registration, mortgage application, summer camp registration, user login form and many more
- instant notifications when a form is submitted
- a variety of addons available: PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, AWeber, Mailchimp, surveys and polls addons and more
- you can upload media and files with your submission form
This is another popular contact form plugin, mainly because it is one of the oldest ones out there. Contact Form 7 has 5+ million active installations so far and it is completely free to use.
It is not the most user-friendly ones out there for beginners, because you have to create your form through a HTML-based interface, but that sounds more difficult than it really is.
Contact Form 7 core features:
- compatible with a huge variety of extensions and addons
- a large number of form fields available, such as check boxes, radio buttons, quizzes, file upload and many more
- includes spam filtering with CAPTCHA, Akismet
Ninja Forms is another example of user-friendly contact forms that you can use for your WordPress business site.
The plugin has 1+ million active installations, offers a free and premium version. Plans start at $49.50 per year.
Ninja Forms core features:
- easy to use
- comes with a variety of styles and layout to customize your forms
- offers dozens of addons for increased functionality
- 10+ email marketing integrations
- multi step forms
- you can export to PDF, Excel, Google Sheets
If you are looking for a feature-rich contact form plugin for your WordPress business site, you have to check out Forminator.
The plugin has 100,000+ active installations so far and comes with both a free version and a paid PRO one.
Plans start at $5 per month and their most expensive plan is priced at $15.83 per month.
Forminator core features:
- 25+ form fields available
- 2,000+ third-party integrations available
- 6 prebuilt templates
- spam protection via honeypot, Akismet, Google ReCAPTCHA
- fun quizzes and interactive polls
Top 5 best caching plugins for WordPress
If you want to reduce server lag and make your website faster, a caching plugin is a great solution.
Here are 5 of the best WordPress caching plugins you can use for your business site:
W3 Total Cache is one of the most popular caching plugins in the WordPress repository, with 1+ million active installation so far. It is a feature-rich solution, but not the most user-friendly for beginners.
It offers a free and a premium version as well.
If you want to opt for the paid version, it will cost you $8.25 per month, billed annually.
W3 Total Cache core features:
- it is compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers and dedicated servers/clusters
- offers SSL (Secure Socket Layer) support
- includes page, post, database objects, feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) caching and more
WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin so you won’t be able to use it for free. However, it is worth paying for and it is trusted by 1+ million websites so far.
Plans start at $49 per year and go as high as $249 per year for the most premium one.
WP Rocket core features:
- quick install process and user-friendly interface
- you can customize the cache options for a specific language or for all languages simultaneously
- compatible with ecommerce plugins such as WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, Jigoshop and others
- LazyLoad feature for the images and iframes display on your site
- CDN support
Another good option to consider is Comet Cache. This caching plugin has 60,000+ active installations so far.
It has a free version and a paid one as well. There are 3 types of licenses you can choose from. You have to pay a one-time fee and the most affordable license is priced at $39.
Comet Cache core features:
- very easy to install and use
- extensive documentation available
- cache clearing for posts, pages, custom post types, categories, tags, links, themes, users and more
- cache statistics to help you gain insight into the status of your site cache
WP Fastest Cache has 1+ million active installations and it offers both free and premium versions.
If you want to upgrade to the premium plugin, there are several one-time packages to choose from, with the most affordable one being priced at $49.99 (a one-time fee).
WP Fastest Cache core features:
- user-friendly interface
- SSL support
- Cloudflare support
- CDN support
- preload cache feature, which automatically creates the cache of the entire website
- mobile cache (with the premium version only)
WP Super Cache is another popular and free caching plugin. It has 2+ million active installation so far and it includes all the caching features you need to improve the performance of your WordPress business site.
WP Super Cache core features:
- has 3 caching modes: WP-Cache caching, Simple and Expert. You can configure them based on your skills. The Expert mode is the most advanced and fastest one
- preloading feature, to generate cached files for the posts, categories and tags of your website
- a lot of advanced setting for more experienced users
Best Google Analytics WordPress plugins for your business site
As a website owner, you have to constantly analyze traffic on your site. Reporting tools help you improve your website and making better decisions, by looking at the numbers of visitors, their profile and so on.
Here are some of the best Google Analytics plugins to use on your WordPress site:
MonsterInsights is one of the most widely used analytics plugins for WordPress sites. It has 2+ million active installations and offers a free version as well as a premium version.
Plans for the premium version start at $99.50 per year.
MonsterInsights core features:
- EU compliance addon to make your website GDPR compliant
- a variety of custom reports available: email summaries, content report, audience demographic, behavior, forms, ecommerce reports and many more
- plenty of integrations available (including Google Ads, so you can see the ad campaign data directly on your dashboard)
- analytics tracking: ecommerce, file download, UserID, SEO Score, media, telephone and media link traffic and more
Another great analytics plugin to consider is Analytify. It has 70,000+ active installations so far and it offers a free version and a premium one.
If you want to go Pro, you have to pay $39 per year.
Analytify core features:
- easy to install and use
- real-time site statistics on your dashboard (with the Pro version)
- social media statistics
- campaign statistics
- mobile device statistics
- advanced ecommerce tracking
With 1+ million active installations so far, it is no wonder that ExactMetrics is such a popular analytics plugin.
This plugin has a free version you can install or you can upgrade to one of the premium plans. The most affordable one starts at $99.50 per year, which is a bit pricey.
ExactMetrics core features:
- you can see all your Google Analytics reports directly on your WordPress dashboard, with helpful insights from ExactMetrics
- real-time statistics
- GDPR and CCPA compliant
- ad, outbound link, affiliate link, author, file download, ecommerce tracking and more
- form conversion tracking; ExactMetrics is compatible with WPForms, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms and others
GA Google Analytics by Jeff Star is a great plugin to consider if you want to easily integrate Google Analytics on your site, with a tracking ID.
This plugin currently has 500,000+ active installations and offers a free version as well, although it is a bit limited. The Pro version comes with lifetime licenses starting at $15 for 1 website.
GA Google Analytics core features:
- you have to log into your Google Analytics account to visualize your data. It will not be displayed in your admin
- it includes tracking code on all your WordPress pages, in header or footer
- live preview of all tracking codes
- you can configure location of multiple tracking codes
- you can automatically display an Opt-Out box or do it via shortcode
- lifetime updates
This is a great analytics plugin to consider if you have an ecomerce site based on WooCommerce.
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics has 40,000+ active installations and includes a free version. If you want to upgrade to the Pro version, you have to buy a one-time license, for $135.
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics core features:
- it only works with WooCommerce
- 9 types of ecommerce reports: shopping behavior, checkout behaviour, product performance, sales performance, product list performance reports and more
- advanced tracking capabilities: 404, form field, Google Ads conversion, Facebook pixel tracking, add to cart events and more
What are the best FAQ plugins in 2021?
FAQ (frequently asked questions) sections are really useful to have on your business site, for both you and your site visitors.
They are a useful form of support and help your customers get answers to various questions related to your products, services, refund policies and so on. Moreover, they also save you time, because you don’t have to answer to the same questions over and over.
So here are 5 of the best WordPress FAQ plugins to consider for your business site:
Accordion FAQ by WPShopmart is a simple and customizable FAQ plugin that has 40,000+ active installations so far. It features both a free and a PRO version.
The PRO version comes with 2 types of licenses: a 6-month license and a lifetime license. The 6-month license is priced at $9.
Accordion FAQ core features:
- fully responsible on any mobile device
- up to 20 accordion templates
- drag and drop APi integrated
- unlimited color scheme
- preview option
- 500+ Google fonts
- 30 animation styles
- scroll/hover effects
- create unlimited accordions with unlimited shortcode
Ultimate FAQ has 40,000+ active installations and has a free and a premium version available.
If you want to upgrade to the premium version, it will cost you $34.47 for a lifetime license (for a single site).
Ultimate FAQ core features:
- you can create unlimited FAQs, FAQ tags and FAQ categories
- multiple styles and layouts to choose from
- translation ready
- FAQ shortcode, so that you can display the FAQs anywhere on your site
- you can add a FAQ tab to each product page in WooCommerce (with the premium version only)
- users can comment on individual FAQs
Another FAQ plugin to consider is Arconix FAQ, a plugin created by Tyche Softwares. It has 10,000+ active installations so far and it is completely free to use.
Arconix FAQ core features:
- 100% free
- easy to use
- you can display FAQs individually or in FAQ groups, using the “group” taxonomy
- toggle or accordion display to choose from
Easy Accordion has 10,000+ active installations and offers a free version and a paid Pro one.
It is a responsive plugin with a rich set of features. The Pro version has plans starting at $29 per year, for a single site.
Easy Accordion core features:
- clean interface
- 16+ themes
- 2 layouts (vertical or horizontal)
- you can create unlimited accordions into the same page
- expand & collapse icon color, size and position
- developer-friendly: custom CSS field
- 25+ effects and animation
- plenty of documentation available
Our fifth recommendation in terms of FAQ plugins for WordPress is Quick and Easy FAQs. This plugin has 20,000+ active installations so far.
This plugin is an open source software, meaning it is completely free to use. It is very quick and simple to use.
Quick and Eeasy FAQs core features:
- FAQs can be displayed in 3 ways: list, accordion or toggle style
- you can display the FAQs in groups
- custom CSS if you want to override the existing styles
- supports the Visual Composer plugin
- translation ready
Top 5 best WordPress live chat plugins for your business site
The last category of plugins we are going to focus on in this article is “live chat” plugins.
Live chat allows you to communicate with your customers in the fastest, most convenient and engaging way. There are no delays involved and you can instantly guide your site visitors in the right place, converting simple visitors into loyal customers.
Therefore, here are the best WordPress live chat plugins to consider for your business site:
LiveChat is one of the most popular WordPress plugins for live chat. It has 30,000+ active installations and it is a premium solution only.
There are several plans to choose from, with the most basic one starting at $16 per month.
LiveChat core features:
- proactive chat invitations from agents
- built-in ticketing system for 24/7 customer support
- works with several site builders, such as Beaver Builder, Elementor and others
- integrates with a wide range of third-party apps, such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, HubSpot CRM, Salesforce, Constant Contact and others
- multiple sites chat (you can connect all of your websites to a single LiveChat account)
- chat widget customization
- available in 45 languages
- chat transcripts
Another popular live chat plugin for WordPress websites is 3CX Live Chat. The plugin has 40,000+ active installations and it is free to use.
3CX Live Chat core features:
- user-friendly interface
- 3CX integration for access to advanced features such as video and audio chats
- unlimited agents
- transfer chat to other agents
- you can apply animations to the chat window
- access historical live chat records
Olark is another great live chat plugin for WordPress, despite the fact that it currently has 4,000+ active installations.
This plugin is a bit more limited in features with the free version but there is a premium version available as well. Their pricing is $15 per agent per month.
Olark core features:
- live chat reports that update in real-time
- dozens of integrations available: HubSpot, Salesforce, Slack, Zendesk, Front, Mailchimp and may more
- file sharing via the chatbox (JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, PDF and TXT)
- visitor page tracking
- chat transfers
Tidio Live Chat is a plugin with 90,000+ active installations so far. The plugin comes with a generous free version or you can opt for a premium plan.
Prices start at 18 euros per month.
Tidio Live Chat core features:
- 4 integrated channels: live chat, chatbots, email marketing, and Messenger
- integrated widget that supports 183 languages (with 21 pre-translated language packs available)
- up to 3 chat operators with the free version
- site visitor information
- plenty of integrations available: Zapier, Zendesk, Google Analytics, Mailchimp and many others
- offline form for your site visitors, so that you get email notifications about messages when you’re not online
The last plugin in our live chat category is Zendesk Chat. This plugin has 50,000+ active installations and it comes with a free Lite version and several Zendesk premium plans.
The most affordable plan is $14 per agent per month.
Zendesk Chat core features:
- unlimited chats
- 14-day chat history with the free version
- available in 40+ languages
- advanced analytics (you can monitor visitor flow, usage patterns, etc.)
- conversion tracking
- plenty of integrations available: UserVoice, Salesforce, Highrise, Batchbook, Zendesk, vTiger and many more
- email notifications
- widget customization
WordPress is the most popular CMS available and it powers more than 35% of all websites worldwide. It has a huge repository consisting of tens of thousands of plugins. They can help you create, customize, manage and grow any type of website you want, including business sites.
The main purpose of this article was to recommend you all the best WordPress plugins for your business site, whether they are free or paid.
We tried our best to cover all the important aspects involved in building a successful business website, from design to security, SEO, ecommerce, customer support and so on. You were recommended 5 of the best WordPress plugins for each of these categories.
Here are some final tips to consider when browsing for any WordPress plugin:
✅ aim for plugins that offer free versions; sometimes their features will be more than enough for your needs, so you get to save some money
✅ check out the number of active installations of the plugin; the more installations, the better
✅ read the user reviews and check out the rating of the plugin; the higher, the better
✅ make sure the plugin is compatible with your WordPress version
✅ check to see when the plugin was last updated; you can find that information on the WordPress plugins page, after you click on the plugin. Look for the “Last updated” info, on the right side of the page
✅ do some research to find out if the developer of the plugin offers reliable support, should you ever need it