MailChimp has long been considered the most popular email marketing service available.
And the truth is, they’ve retained that reputation.
Not only is building an email list super affordable to do with MailChimp (can you say free?!), but they also provide a comprehensive list of tools and resources for website owners looking to build their business, expand their audience base and make more money.
- Easy-to-use, predesigned templates
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Advanced automation, retargeting and segmentation
- Powerful reporting to measure success
- Native mobile application for on-the-go list management
That said, MailChimp has been facing some stiff competition lately as some of the other popular email service providers have been stepping up to the plate and offering similar services at competitive prices. In addition, many of these providers have gone beyond what MailChimp offers to website owners for free making your decision tougher when it comes to choosing the right service. To preface this, we currently use Jilt’s email marketing automation on a number of our websites (eCommerce stores) but also use it in combination with ConvertKit’s powerful segmentation and tagging.
Best MailChimp Alternatives
Today we are going to look at some of the best alternatives to MailChimp and see how they stack as email service providers. This way, when it comes time for you to decide which one to use for your email marketing, you have an idea which options are available and what you get from each.
MailerLite is an email marketing software designed to take away the complexity of creating and sending professional email campaigns. Ideal for small business owners and entrepreneurs who want all the benefits of a big email tool without all the unnecessary noise. Anyone can easily build newsletters from scratch with a drag-and-drop editor or choose from a library of well-designed templates.
This easy-to-use email service offers the same advanced tools and integration of other MailChimp alternatives. Yet they manage to keep it simple, inexpensive, and fun to use for people of all skill levels. MailerLite is without a doubt one of the most reasonably-priced platforms.
Notable MailerLite features include:
- 24/7 Live Support with real people
- Interactive Survey Blocks to send questionnaires
- Landing Pages & Pop-ups included in all plans
- Intuitive automation builder to design any workflow
- Advanced subscriber management with GDPR tools
Pricing: Starting at just $10/month (Free plan available
This plugin is a lead generation tool that you can get for free from WordPress’ repository. This is not just another lead generation plugin, but one that actually works and generates leads.
The MailOptin WordPress plugin will help you grow your mailing list and take your marketing skills to the next level.
They also offer several form types: lightbox pop-ups, slide-ins, inline, widget and sidebar, and notification bars. This plugin also offers pre-designed templates you can work with. Of course, all these pre-made templates are fully customizable.
Notable MailOptin features are:
- Form templates
- Email templates
- Built-in live editor
- A/B split testing option
- After conversion actions
- Click Launch Trigger
Pricing: a standard license for one website is $69 per year.
Well, Omnisend is a surprisingly flexible eCommerce marketing automation platform that uses an omnichannel approach to help growing eCommerce stores improve their marketing efforts. If you’re growing and are looking for some great MailChimp alternatives for more advanced eCommerce marketing automation,
The platform will help to replace the many small, separate plugins you’re currently using, allowing you to have everything in one tool: different lead forms, landing pages, pre-filled marketing automation workflows, advanced visitors segmentation, and even SMS marketing.
- Predefined automation workflows – Product abandonment, Cart recovery, Customer reactivation, and others
- Omnichannel communication – Email, SMS, etc
- 24/7 support
- Easy integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, and Magento.
- Advanced segmentation by users’ behavior.
PRICE: Starting at $19/month
SendX is an Email Marketing Software with a focus on providing an extremely easy-to-use UI, affordable pricing tiers and a wide set of features to make Business Owners and Marketers more effective. Drive sales from your campaigns with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor and premium Email Templates. Additionally, they even have native tools to grow your audience and set up advanced automation using a neat “if-then, then that” rule-based system!
Moreover, they have a particularly strong hold on things where MailChimp fails to deliver. Specifically, things like 24×7 Live Customer Support (on all plans), Great Email Deliverability and Unlimited Email Sends across all pricing tiers. This makes it one of the best MailChimp alternatives out there, especially if you’re looking for pure Email Marketing capabilities.
- Powerful Drag and Drop Editor to create effective Email Campaigns.
- Premium Responsive Email Templates built from the ground up to convert.
- Excellent 24×7 Live Support via chat and email to ensure you never get stuck (near-instant replies!)
- Extremely Affordable Pricing and Unlimited Email Sending Capabilities across all plans.
- Ability to create pop-ups and forms to grow your Email List (available across all tiers)
PRICE: Starting at $9.99/month
Get Response is an all-in-one marketing platform designed to grow your business. That said, it has a steeper learning curve than many of the other email service providers because it can do so much. For instance, create and deliver unique emails on any device, build convincing landing pages for those that visit your website, and even automate the funnel customers follow based on their personal data and behavior.
Moreover, integrate your social media networks, segment audience, and send targeted messages, even message those that have abandoned your online store’s shopping cart. With GetResponse you can implement exit intent strategies, and offer user webinars and surveys. More, you can easily manage your growing email list with a few clicks. In the end, this email service has many of the same features MailChimp does, plus a whole lot more.
- Advanced analytics that are actionable
- A/B testing capabilities for measuring success
- Multi-user support
- Responsive design plus thousands of iStock photos
- Spam checker to ensure deliverability
PRICE: Starting at $15/month
This email marketing software, Constant Contact, is one of the best alternatives to MailChimp. With a drag & drop email editor and hundreds of pre-designed templates to choose from, this email service provider makes creating and delivering messages a cinch. In addition, the autoresponder feature that pairs with trigger moments makes personalizing emails to loyal customers easy and consistent.
All you have to do is upload your contacts and Constant Contact will handle the rest. Subscriptions, bounces, and inactive emails – all taken care of by someone other than you. Altogether, this seemingly complex service provider has everything you need to make the most out of your email marketing efforts.
- Post emails directly to your social media networks
- Plenty of education and inspiration with the online resource library
- Run special Facebook promos and integrate social sharing buttons into every email
- Add email forms to your website with a few clicks
- Track opens, compare campaigns, view heat tracking maps, and watch mobile activity
PRICE: Starting at $20/month
This digital marketing platform is a modern digital marketing platform that makes creating beautiful emails a cinch. Additionally, this MailChimp alternative provides you with exclusive access to a team of specialists that are aiming to drive results straight to your website. Design personalized and branded emails using pre-defined templates or even have the crew at Emma help design the perfect campaign for you.
More so, have the team at Emma review your email campaign before sending it out to your growing email list to ensure maximum open and click rates. In the end, this email service provider does more than give you the tools to create successful email campaigns; they stay with your every step of the way.
- Receive easy to read reports and see actionable metrics
- Create unique, pop-up lightbox forms
- Enable advanced email automation with segmented target audiences
- Custom A/B testing – CTAs, image placement, subject lines, and more
- Intuitive drag & drop editor for easy email building
PRICE: Starting at $89/month
Guess what! AWeber is an affordable email service provider suitable for smaller businesses on a tight budget. However, that is not to say they lack in the feature department. For example, create engaging emails with visual appeal using the intuitive drag & drop editor. Pick from thousands of free images and over 700 email templates, preview all email campaigns before clicking send. More, customize to match your brand by utilizing the AWeber toolbar.
In addition, automatically create emails from your newest blog posts, manage your entire subscriber list from one convenient location, and even target users based on their behavior. All in all, AWeber gives you plenty of features to help grow your business from the ground up, one email at a time.
- Email tracking and analytics for measuring campaign success
- Build mobile-responsive sign-up forms for your website, blog, or Facebook
- Enable autoresponders to expand your reach and save time
- Integrate with several tools – landing pages, social media, shopping carts, and more
- View your success from any device using the AWeber Stats App
PRICE: Starting at $19/month
This software platform is a comprehensive marketing tool that aims to boost your website’s success and grow your sales. Send newsletters, stunning email campaigns, and stay connected with your subscribers and customers at all times. Plus, automate your campaigns based on personal and behavioral data so you reach the right people with the right information.
Lastly, add RSS feeds to your emails for sharing fresh content and insert webpages directly into emails with a simple URL. Take advantage of the several display modes – inline, floating box, modal pop-up, and floating bar. So you never miss a chance to encourage a subscriber to sign up. In conclusion, ACtiveCampaign gives you the perfect platform for email list building that will complement any website owner’s overall marketing efforts.
- Engage in split testing and reveal what makes your campaigns a success
- Define, adapt, and respond to specific automation goals
- Track conversion rates and segment your target audience accordingly
- Customize your sales goals with personalized sales funnels, sales stages, and tasks
- Connect seamlessly with any email provider such as Gmail and Outlook
PRICE: Starting at $17/month
This responsive e-mail design-builder is a lesser-known solution that remains highly popular with everyone that uses them as their MailChimp email service provider alternative. Leveraging essential email marketing features such as beautiful email campaigns, a full template gallery, mobile-friendly design. SendInBlue is a great option for websites of all sizes thanks to its easy-to-use drag and drop editor.
In addition, increase engagement with personal email messages, test and preview emails before sending them out. Conduct advanced searches and build target audiences, and even create automatically updated email lists as your subscriber numbers grow. In the end, this email service provider is one of the top choices amongst many website owners and is worth a shot.
- Customize contact forms and learn about subscribers on a personal level
- Get real-time campaign results and export data in PDF or CSV format
- Monitor reader locations and follow user behavior
- Automate campaigns to save time and keep readers interested
- Create automatic trigger marketing workflows to boost sales with loyal customers
PRICE: Starting at $0/month
This newsletter plugin is an excellent MailChimp alternative for those who have a WordPress website and want a straightforward plugin solution. To start, create newsletters, automated emails, post notifications, and autoresponders and watch your business grow. Besides, take advantage of the exclusive sign up widget, drop posts, and images. And it has more. You can add social icons directly into your emails. Also, customize your emails to match your personality and brand by changing colors and fonts.
Use the drag & drop newsletter designer, send emails to your WordPress users. More, get statistics regarding opens, clicks, and unsubscribes, and always know that your campaigns are mobile-friendly. In all, this nifty WordPress plugin makes creating email campaigns simple, and you never have to leave the WordPress dashboard to do so.
- Send emails using your own web host or third-party SMPT such as Gmail
- Over 70 themes to choose from for building the perfect campaign
- Segment your audience based on user behavior – unopened, opened, and click rates
- Enjoy form shortcodes for easy pasting into posts and pages
- Use with WordPress Multisite
This email application is an easy-to-use alternative for merchants. Unlike Mailchimp, it’s been built from the ground up entirely with online retailers in mind. This means that all the features you’ll find have been designed with the goal of helping you sell more of your products online. As a result, SmartrMail has plenty more eCommerce features than Mailchimp like more powerful and flexible abandoned carts, an email composer designed for adding products and built-in flows for various stages of the customer life cycle.
That said, while it’s not as powerful as other eCommerce focused email service providers like Omnisend, SmartrMail differentiates itself on its ease of use and simplicity. Making it a good choice for any small to medium sized online store to try out. Especially if you’re just looking to achieve the best practice email automations without needing any of the more fancy bells and whistles.
Notable features include:
- Product recommendation emails
- 24/5 live chat support on all paid plans
Segmentation on demographics, past purchases and browsing behavior
- Create multi-step automated email flows based on segmentation criteria
- Email collection popup
- Abandoned cart recovery emails
PRICE: Starting at $0/month
Another platform that is among the Mailchimp alternatives is ConvertKit. This is also an email marketing platform that will help you easily share your ideas. CovertKit offers you the most straightforward way of managing contacts besides MailChimp. More, this platform has organized automation in a way that is easy to manage compared to MailChimp.
Point to ConvertKit. This platform has an easy-to-use editor feature. You can insert new fields via their visual editor. Also, you can simply add checkbox field values as tags. ConvertKit is really accessible, and responses are friendly, helpful, and relevant. In terms of automation and simple list management, this platform is more professional than MailChimp. Let’s see what features ConvertKit has. You can:
- Easily share your ideas live with a custom landing page
- Build a relationship with your followers by writing emails full of valuable content
- Send emails about your products and your services
- Collect email list subscribers on your website
- Grow your audience with sign up forms and landing pages
- Organize and understand your subscribers
In the end, there are so many options available for sending highly converting emails to your subscribers and customers. And, though MailChimp is often the first sought after solution, it is good to know that there is a variety of other available providers that are fighting to meet your needs and stay within your budget.
If you are looking for a great way to stay connected with your readers, boost traffic to your website, and ultimately build sales, consider using one of the above-mentioned MailChimp alternatives.
That’s not to say that MailChimp isn’t the perfect solution for you, because it very well could be but it is important to be aware of what else is available to you.
Have you used any of the MailChimp alternatives in this post? If so, which one?
Let us know in the comments! 💬